WHY TO USE A SHOWER FILTER
- More chlorine enters the body through dermal absorption and inhalation while showering than through drinking tap water.
- The chlorine in showering water has harsh, drying effects on skin and hair.
- Skin pores widen while showering, making dermal absorption of chlorine and other chemicals possible.
- The chlorine in showering water can cause rashes and other skin irritations when absorbed by the skin.
- Chemicals in showering water vaporize at a much faster rate than the actual water. Thus, the steam in a shower contains a much higher concentration of chemicals than the water itself.
- Inhaled chemicals make their way into the bloodstream much more quickly than ingested chemicals, without the added filtration benefits of digestion.
- More water contaminants are released into the air of a home from the shower than from any other source.
- Chlorine is a suspected cause of breast cancer. Women suffering from breast cancer are all found to have 50-60 percent more chlorine in their breast tissue than healthy women.
- Tap water often contains at least as much, if not more, chlorine than is recommended for use in swimming pools.